WHS Band Boosters
The mission of the Wheatmore High School Band Boosters is to promote excellence in education through support of an outstanding musical program. We believe that a great band program develops the physical, mental, and spiritual gifts of our students. The discipline learned and the work habits rehearsed serve the band members for the balance of their life.
Membership in The Booster Program
Our members are as unique as the students in the band program are! Chances are you have several things in common. Membership builds comradery that transforms us from strangers to family. Some members have developed lasting relationships that have continued beyond their child’s graduation. Several Booster members support the band with their hobbies. i.e.-seamstresses create flags and uniforms. RC hobbyists design and build props. Weekend warriors paint backgrounds and we’ve even had CEOs take on the challenge of chaperoning! We have a place for every talent!
What is our Role?
Parental support is vital to the success of our program! Boosters support the efforts to provide the best possible educational opportunity by:
- Encouraging active participation in all band activities
- Encouraging practice. Supporting (through words and actions) the band leadership of staff, students, and volunteers
- Making sure students are "where they need to be"
- Providing financial resources by participating in fundraisers
- Encouraging our students to be their best by participating as a positive role model
- And many other outstanding roles!
How do we help?
What items do we fund raise for?
- Instrument repair and upkeep
- Instruments for students to borrow, particularly the more expensive instruments
- Other equipment, like music stands and recording equipment
- Buying or renting music for the bands to play
- Contest entrance fees
- Trips to contests, festivals, or other special performances
- Chaperoning trips and events
- Running or helping with fund-raising projects
- Moving equipment (chairs, stands, large instruments) for performances
- Keeping track of uniforms
- Recording performances
The Band Boosters of Wheatmore High School meet monthly at WHS in the media center. Stay updated with meetings and times by subscribing to the Band Calendar found on the home page.